Kentucky Certified Crop Adviser Program Seeks Nominations for 2018 "Kentucky Certified Crop Adviser of the Year"
The Kentucky Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Program announced today that nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 “Kentucky Certified Crop Adviser of the Year.” This prestigious award recognizes a Kentucky Certified Crop Adviser who delivers exceptional customer service for farmer clients in nutrient management, soil and water management, integrated pest management and crop production, and has contributed substantially to the exchange of ideas and the transfer of agronomic knowledge within the agricultural industry in Kentucky.
The purpose of this award is to increase the awareness that both farmers and their service representatives strive to do their best in making cropping decisions that are economically and environmentally sound. A CCA must meet the standards set by the American Society of Agronomy (ASA) by passing both a state and national exam and maintain the certification through continuing education. They also sign a code of ethics pledging to do their best and operate in the best interests of their client. Together, a farmer and a CCA make a team that is working to manage an economically viable business while practicing responsible stewardship. This is a win/win approach for both farmers and CCAs.
1. Nominee must hold a current Kentucky CCA certification and be in good standing.
2. Individual must be nominated by someone other than the CCA.
3. Resubmissions of previous nominations acceptable as long as they are oncurrent nomination form.
4. Previous recipients of the award are not eligible.
Nomination and Selection Process
1. Nominations are to be submitted to the Kentucky CCA Board by December 15, 2018.
2. The Kentucky CCA Board Selection Committee will review the nominations and select the top three candidates.
3. The top three candidates may be asked to participate in an interview conference call. The selection committee will then select the winner.
4. The state winner will be notified by January 1.
The recipient of the Kentucky Certified Crop Adviser of the Year Award will be recognized at the Kentucky Commodity Conference held on January 17, 2019 in Bowling Green, Ky. The state award includes a plaque, a cash award and recognition in industry publications.
For further information regarding the award please contact Tod Griffin, Executive Secretary, Kentucky CCA Program at email@example.com or 502-226-1122.